Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

The Italian First-Rounder Requests An Investigation

News

FIFA investigates the move of Portuguese midfielder Bruno Fernandes from Sporting Lisbon to Manchester United consistent with ESPN. Sampdoria’s management applied to bring proceedings, a club of which Fernandes was a member until he visited Sporting.

Specifically, the Italian first-rounder requests an investigation because they’re entitled to 10 percent of the transfer made by Fernandes when he signed for the Red Devils, consistent with their understanding of the ordinance.

It is recalled that after just one season spent on Luigi Ferris, Sampdoria sold Fernandes to Sporting for £7.5 million and therefore the Portuguese visited Manchester in January for a £47 million move, which may be increased by a further £20 million.

football365.com

After Sampdoria lodged a report against Sporting Lisbon following the move of Bruno Fernandes to Manchester United, FIFA is investigating.

In January the midfielder left Portugal on a £47 million contract for Old Trafford.

Sampdoria, who sold Fernandes to Sporting in 2017, says they’re owed about £4 million by way of a sell-on clause of 10 percent — unpaid thus far — leading the Italian side to ask the administration to start an investigation.

There is no clue that United are going to be responsible for any of the revenue.

A spokesperson for FIFA said: “We can confirm that on 3 April 2020 the Italian club, UC Sampdoria, lodged a claim with FIFA against the Portuguese club, Sporting Clube de Portugal, concerning the financial obligations began within the contract like the transfer of the Portuguese player, Bruno Miguel Borges Fernandes.

manchestereveningnews.co.uk

“The matter remains under investigation and that we can’t, therefore, comment further.” Fernandes spent one season at Sampdoria before joining Sporting in 2017 for £7.5 million.

The 25-year-old transferred to United for an estimated £47 million after scoring 64 goals in 137 games in Lisbon, but the contract could find yourself costing quite £67 million if some clauses are met.

journalstar.com

Sampdoria claims that Sporting on Fernandes owes them 10 percent of any income.

Sources also told ESPN that Sporting disputes the allegation and maintains that they’re innocent of any misdeed.

 

Written By

A part-time content writer. Here to learn & explore the content world. Sucker of Coffee & Cupcakes. Die-Heart Fan of Creativity.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

You May Also Like

News

In Arsenal’s Saturday afternoon defeat at Brighton, Matteo Guendouzi has avoided a FA ban for an altercation with Neal Maupay. Guendouzi and Maupay niggled...

News

Manchester United forward Marcus Rashford opened the curtain on his “tough time” with Jose, maintaining that his attitude had been improved by the now-Tottenham...

News

Real Madrid midfielder Toni Kroos is optimistic that in the coming weeks his side will hit their best form. In La Liga, Los Blancos...

News

Former learner Milan manager Roberto Mancini argued that Zlatan Ibrahimovic must be treated as highly regarded as Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. Messi and...

Advertisement