Manchester City could win the Premier League title by the end of the weekend if they can defeat Crystal Palace in Saturday’s lunchtime kickoff. The hosts will have had five days to recover from their 2-1 loss to Leicester City on Monday night. Man City beat Paris Saint-Germain in the first leg of their Champions League semi-final by the same scoreline in midweek.
Crystal Palace may be without seven players for Saturday’s match against Manchester City.
- Pep Guardiola has a whole roster to choose from apart from the suspended John Stones.
- With his recent ankle injury, Kevin De Bruyne’s inclusion in the starting XI at Selhurst Park on Saturday will be a huge surprise. Pep Guardiola could also rest players like Phil Foden and Ilkay Gundogan in preparation for the second leg next week.
- Eric Garica could make one more appearance before moving to Barcelona this season. Nathan Ake and Aymeric Laporte have never played center-back together since both are left-footed.
- This season, it’s been easy to forget about Crystal Palace. After a promising start to the season, they’ve been pretty average for months now. They have just won one of their last seven matches heading into Saturday’s match. They are safe from relegation and are 11 away from the relegation places and will definitely cruise to the end of the season.
- If Manchester City defeats Crystal Palace on Saturday and Manchester United loses to Liverpool at Old Trafford on Sunday, they will regain the Premier League trophy. Their focus will be on the second leg of their Champions League semi-final against Paris Saint-Germain next week, but they have a strong enough squad to take three points.
- Palace may be positive about their chances of a shock outcome due to a slew of anticipated changes from Man City, but City’s road form is unrivaled. Other results must go their way for Guardiola’s side to clinch the Premier League title with four games to spare, and they can give themselves the best shot possible by winning comfortably at Selhurst Park.
Crystal Palace possible starting lineup:
Guaita; Ward, Kouyate, Dann, Van Aanholt; Ayew, Milivojevic, McCarthy, Eze; Zaha, Benteke
Manchester City possible starting lineup:
Ederson; Cancelo, Dias, Laporte, Zinchenko; Fernandinho, Gundogan, Silva; Torres, Jesus, Sterling