Barcelona striker Luis Suarez was cleared after knee medical procedure in January to allow his arrival to serious action.
Suarez hasn’t played at Atletico Madrid since the Supercopa misfortune in January. He thought when he went under the blade he would have said farewell to the season yet the coronavirus pause gave him another chance to add to the season of Barça.
“Luis Suarez is ready for the arrival. 147 days after an operation, the Uruguayan player got an all-clear medical assistance from the club and is qualified for a determination as Barça prepares for action on 13 June at 10 pm CEST away from Mallorca,” said Barça.
As SPORT revealed, the green light for Suarez came after a special training meeting at Camp Nou on Saturday. While Lionel Messi had been working alone, Suarez trained with the team as normal.
Suarez had an operation on Jan. 12 and he is available for coach Quique Setien just because after nearly five months of recuperation work, mainly during the lockdown.