Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Karim Benzema to face trial over his attempt extortion relating to a sex tape

Football News

goal.com

Karim Benzema of Real Madrid is to face trial over his supposed participation in Mathieu Valbuena’s attempted extortion relating to a sex tape allegedly featuring the Olympiakos star.

Five years ago, the former Lyon forward was accused of attempting to extort money from his fellow France international before a friendly match against Armenia.

And, according to AFP, the French prosecutor has now been told by the Prosecutor’s Office of Versailles that he will be brought to court on a date not yet specified.

“The lawyer from Benzema replied to the news that his client is accused of conspiracy to attempt blackmail by telling the Efe news agency, “The decision to prosecute him is ridiculous and unfair cruelty. Benzema has nothing to be ashamed of in this case.”

Paul-Albert Iweins, Valbuena’s lawyer, told L’Equipe that the decision to go to trial was “the logical continuation of the instruction which perfectly established the participation of the various people”

In recent years, Benzema has spoken out frequently on the topic in question, with the Frenchman accusing Valbuena of dragging his name “through the mud”

In May 2017, he told L’Equipe: “He said he wouldn’t have complained if he knew I was involved in the story. I have been his worst enemy for more than a year and a half, a bad guy, a thug, I have to be punished, dragged in the dirt through the mud, my name and that of my family.

It’s been almost two years since I was forbidden to see my best friend [Karim Zenati] if we don’t go to jail, and he’s quiet, but he’s going to have to stop his shit, and I don’t know why he’s still talking about me.

Saying that I am his enemy, that I wanted to take money from him… that he must stop inventing, that makes me angry to keep lying.

He just had to tell the truth about what happened, and he would not have had all of this.”

Even after the charges against him, Benzema, who denies any misconduct, has been ignored for international service with France.

Since November 2015, when the last of his 81 caps were won, the 33-year-old has not figured for Les Bleus.

Written By

A part-time content writer. Here to learn & explore the content world. Sucker of Coffee & Cupcakes. Die-Heart Fan of Creativity.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

You May Also Like

Match Updates

Real Madrid advanced to the Champions League quarterfinals by crushing Atalanta 3-1 (1-0) in a replay on Tuesday at the Alfredo Di Stefano Stadium...

Football News

In Arsenal’s Saturday afternoon defeat at Brighton, Matteo Guendouzi has avoided a FA ban for an altercation with Neal Maupay. Guendouzi and Maupay niggled...

Football News

Manchester United forward Marcus Rashford opened the curtain on his “tough time” with Jose, maintaining that his attitude had been improved by the now-Tottenham...

Football News

Former learner Milan manager Roberto Mancini argued that Zlatan Ibrahimovic must be treated as highly regarded as Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. Messi and...

Advertisement