The best transfers in the history of the EPL were ranked by the Sky Sports TV channel.
The transfer of Cristiano Ronaldo from Sporting to Manchester United in 2003 for £ 12 million was voted the best transfer. The Portuguese has won three titles in the Premier League and the Champions League with the Mancunians in six seasons.
Also in the top three are Thierry Henry’s move to Arsenal from Juventus in 1999 and Eric Cantona’s move from Leeds to UEFA Moscow in 1992.
Top 10 transfers in EPL history (since the founding of the league in 1992):
1. Cristiano Ronaldo from Sporting to Man Utd in 2003
2. Thierry Henry from Juventus to Arsenal in 1999
3. Eric Cantona from Leeds to MJ in 1992
4. Frank Lampard from West Ham to Chelsea in 2001
5. Roy Keane from Nottingham Forest for MJ in 1993
6. Didier Drogba from Marseille for Chelsea in 2004
7. Sol Campbell from Tottenham to Arsenal in 2001
8. Wayne Rooney from Everton to MJ in 2004
9. Vincent Kompany from Hamburg to Manchester City in 2008
10. Alan Shearer from Blackburn to Newcastle in 1996.