By the end of Saturday’s match, the FA Cup will be shrouded in blue, as Leicester City and Chelsea fight it out for the chance to win the coveted trophy in front of 21,000 Wembley fans. Read more about Chelsea vs. Leicester City | Team News, Predictions, Possible Line-ups & More below.
The Foxes will be playing in their fifth FA Cup final as they attempt to win their first trophy, while Chelsea will be playing in their 15th final as they chase their ninth title.
Brendan Rodgers’ side eliminated Southampton in the semi-finals to set the date for the FA Cup final on May 15, while Thomas Tuchel’s side ended Manchester City’s quadruple dream in the final four to earn a place in the 140th FA Cup final.
Chelsea vs. Leicester City | Team news
- After missing Chelsea’s midweek loss to Arsenal, Andreas Christensen and Antonio Rudiger are expected to return to the defense, with Cesar Azpilicueta moving to right wing-back.
- After being rotated in recent games to keep them healthy, N’Golo Kante and Jorginho will be reunited in midfield, though the latter was at fault for Arsenal’s winner on Wednesday. Mateo Kovacic will also be competing in the final.
- Christian Pulisic was seen limping after the loss to Arsenal, but Timo Werner is expected to take his place in the starting lineup regardless.
- Marcos Alonso should start here after Ben Chilwell played 90 minutes against Arsenal in midweek.
- Jonny Evans has been out of the last two games for Leicester due to injury, and Brendan Rodgers will be desperate to get him back.
- After being rested against Manchester United in midweek, James Maddison could return to the starting XI at Wembley.
- Ricardo Pereira was an unused substitute against United and will be hoping for a recall here, but it wouldn’t surprise me if Marc Albrighton held his spot.
Chelsea vs. Leicester City | Prediction
Our Prediction: Chelsea vs. Leicester City 1 – 0
- Chelsea will have a fantastic month in May as they close in on a top-four finish and have a chance to win both the FA Cup and the Champions League. In his 26 games as Chelsea boss, Thomas Tuchel has only lost three times, one of which came against Arsenal on Wednesday.
- On Tuesday night, Leicester ended a two-game losing streak at Old Trafford for the first time since 1998. But Brendan Rodgers’ side didn’t look fantastic, even against a second-string Manchester United side. Rodgers has a poor record against Chelsea as a manager, having won just one of their 16 previous meetings.
Chelsea was unable to break through Arsenal’s three-man defense on Wednesday night. With Leicester expected to use a similar scheme at Wembley, the FA Cup final should be a thrilling affair.
Leicester, and Rodgers, command a lot of respect as they try to win the FA Cup for the first time. We believe the Foxes will only fall short as Chelsea takes the trophy.
Possible starting lineup:
Leicester City: Schmeichel; Evans, Fofana, Soyuncu; Pereira, Ndidi, Tielemans, Castagne; Maddison; Vardy, Iheanacho
Chelsea: Kepa; Azpilicueta, Silva, Rudiger; James, Jorginho, Kante, Chilwell; Ziyech, Mount; Werner