Major League Soccer announced on Sunday that 18 players and six staff individuals have been tested positive for COVID-19 since full team training continued on June 4.
The league is relied upon to start at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida on July 8, with all 26 clubs participating in the “MLS is Back Tournament.”There are no plans to defer the game at this point, a league representative told Jeff Carlisle to ESPN’s.
On arriving in Florida, all players and club staff individuals were administered tests. A total of 329 individuals were tested nearby, with two positive outcomes originating from the two players originating from their particular hometowns.
“Any individual who tests positive for COVID-19 while in Orlando must engage in a healthcare supplier’s clinical evaluation and transfer to the lodging’s isolation area before the person in question gets medical clearance,” the league said.
“When in isolation, MLS players and other staff will be in constant contact with a health care supplier and get remote treatment including symptom monitoring and routine follow-up testing,” the statement added.
Worries over the ability of Florida to safely have the opposition keep on rising. Earlier this week, after those cutoff points were relaxed prematurely, the State re-forced infection controls after regular cases flooded.
In Florida, in excess of 141,000 recorded coronavirus cases were logged. The global figure came to 10 million by Sunday, with in excess of 500,000 affirmed deaths from the infection.